Can you replace Touchscreen with a general screen?Due to Several Problems faced in touchscreen, users generally thinks of to replace a faulty touch screen with a non-touch screen. The series of Touchscreen Laptop mainly has options for screens and they are almost all touchscreen.
Now, the best thing to do is Disable this function from Device Manage as shown below.
How to Disable the Touchscreen?WINDOWS 7/8/10
- Press the Windows logo key + X.
- Select Device Manager from the list.
- Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
- Click the touch screen driver.
Note:You may think "I don't have the option 'touch screen driver" Actually there would be the name of Driver such as : HID-compilant touch screen
- Right-click, and select Disable from the list.
- Click Yes on the dialog box that asks if you are sure you want to disable the touch screen driver.
When you want your touch screen to work again, follow the process above, Except when right-clicking the touch screen driver, select Enable.
Also see : Troubleshooting Touchscreen issues